Malankara World Journal Issue 129 - Great Lent Week 5 - Theme: Amazing God

  • Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2013
      The Malankara World Journal Issue 129 - Great Lent Week 5: Theme:
      Amazing God - (Mar 7, 2013) is available online at:

      *TABLE OF CONTENTS MWJ Issue No: 129*
      Great Lent Week 5: Theme: Amazing God

      1. Bible Readings for This Sunday (Mar 10)

      Fifth Sunday of Great Lent (Kpiptho/Crippled Woman)

      2. Sermons for This Sunday (Mar 10)

      3. Malankara World Great Lent Supplement

      Great Lent is the time for personal reflection, meditation,
      reconciliation, and prayer. Malankara World has a great resource
      that helps you accomplish that. We provide you daily reflections,
      meditations, prayer, bible readings etc. First, read the articles
      about how to practice lent. Then do the reading for the day
      specified. We will guide you week by week and day by day. You can
      find the resources here.

      Malankara World Great Lent Supplement

      Daily Reflections - Bible Readings, reflections and prayers for each
      day of the week: Week 5 of Great Lent

      4. Featured: The Healing of the Bent-Over Woman

      The bottom line is that she was there because it was important for her
      to be there. Here body may have been bent, but her priorities were
      straight. God came first. She didn't care if it hurt. She didn't mind if
      it was humiliating. Or maybe she did care and she did mind. But you know
      what? She didn't let it stop her. She was there. That's the point. ...

      5. Meditation on Luke 13:10-17

      Is there anything that keeps you bound up or oppressed? Infirmity,
      whether physical or spiritual, can befall us for a variety of reasons
      and God can use it for some purpose that we do not understand. When
      Jesus encountered an elderly woman who was spent of her strength and
      unable to stand upright, he gave her words of faith and freedom and
      restored her to health. She must have suffered much, both physically and
      spiritually for eighteen years, since Jesus remarked that Satan had
      bound her. ...

      6. Every Story Whispers His Name

      The Bible isn't a book of rules, or a book of heroes. The Bible is most
      of all a Story. It's an adventure story about a young Hero who comes
      from a far country to win back his lost treasure. It's a love story
      about a brave Prince who leaves his palace, his throne-everything-to
      rescues the ones he loves. It's like the most wonderful of fairy tales
      that has come true in real life! ...

      7. God Is Better Than You Think

      Most of the time, we see neither ourselves nor our circumstances nor the
      God we love clearly. As Paul says, we are always looking "through a
      glass, darkly." So our vision is blurred, limited, and confused, putting
      us into the foreground while everything else recedes to background. Our
      fears, our aspirations, our troubles - these are the focal points that
      command our attention. ...

      8. Making The Best Of Every Situation

      Sometimes life deals some devastating blows out of our control. Although
      we may not have a choice with the cards we are dealt at times, we always
      have a choice with how we play them. ...

      9. Would You Like To See The Face of Jesus? Come To My Town

      "To be saved" in the Pauline view means to become part of the people of
      God, who by the Spirit are born into God's family and therefore joined
      to one another as one body, whose gatherings in the Spirit form them
      into God's temple. God is not simply saving diverse individuals and
      preparing them for heaven; rather he is creating a people for his name,
      among whom God can dwell and who in their life together will reproduce
      God's life and character in all its unity and diversity. ...

      10. Jesus - Our Wonderful Counselor

      Have you ever sought the wisdom of a counselor? Maybe you needed
      perspective on a relationship, or help to walk through grief or
      depression. Counselors provide guidance, support and encouragement. Yet,
      no matter how helpful, well-trained or how well-intentioned human
      counselors are, none can compare to our Wonderful Counselor, Jesus
      Christ. ...

      11. Songs in the Night

      You can talk about trusting God in adversity, but when someone sees it
      in action in your life, there is an undeniable authenticity. It is a
      powerful witness. Worship can be a powerful tool for a nonbeliever to be
      exposed to. ...

      12. 10 Resolutions for Mental Health

      He pled with us to stop seeking mental health in the mirror of
      self-analysis, but instead to drink in the remedies of God in nature. He
      was not naïve. He knew of sin. He knew of the necessity of redemption in
      Christ. But he would have said that Christ purchased new eyes for us as
      well as new hearts. His plea was that we stop being unamazed by the
      strange glory of ordinary things. ...

      13. Recipe: Mustard Crusted Salmon with Green Beans

      A healthy and satisfying dish for any weeknight. ..

      14. Humor: Why Men Are Never Depressed

      15. About Malankara World

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World
      Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew