Our Daily Bread: They are Watching

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2013
      READ: Titus 3:1-8

      Speak evil of no one, . . . be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men. —Titus 3:2

      It’s been several decades since a high school event devastated me. Playing
      sports was hugely important to me. I zeroed in on basketball and spent
      hundreds of hours practicing my game. So when I didn’t make the varsity
      team in my last year after being on the team since junior high, I was
      crushed.
      Disappointed and confused, I carried on. I became a stats guy for the team, going to games and keeping track of my friends’ rebounds and shots as they got
      within one game of the state championship without me. To be honest, I
      never thought of how they were viewing my response. I just muddled
      through. That’s why I was surprised recently to hear that several of my
      classmates told my brother that they saw in my response a lesson in
      Christianity—a picture of Christ. My point is not to tell you to do as I did, because I’m not sure what I did. My point is this: Whether we know it or not, people are watching us.
      In Titus 3:1-8, Paul explains the life God enables us to live—a life of
      respect, obedience, and kindness that results from being reborn through
      Jesus and renewed by the Holy Spirit who has been poured out on us.
      As we live a Spirit-guided life, God will show the reality of His presence to others through us. —Dave Branon
      Dear Father, You know how inadequate I am.
      Please equip me through the Spirit to show love
      and respect in my life so that others will see
      through me and see You.
      A Christian is a living sermon whether or not he preaches a word.