Malankara World Journal Issue 127 Focus: Great Lent Week 4 - Faith (Feb 28, 2013)

  • Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2013
      The Malankara World Journal Issue 127 Focus: Great Lent Week 4 - Faith
      (Feb 28, 2013) is available online at:

      *TABLE OF CONTENTS Issue No: 127*
      Focus: Great Lent Week 4 - Faith

      1. Foreword

      There are times we get desperate. Why isn't god answering our prayers?
      Why is this thing happening to me when I am a good Christian. It is good
      to remember in those times that God answers our prayers in his own time.
      Do not lose hope. Be persistent. ...

      2. Bible Readings for This Sunday (Mar 3)

      Fourth Sunday of Great Lent (Canaanite woman)

      3. Sermons for This Sunday (Mar 3)

      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_4th-sunday-in-lent.htm

      4. Featured: Great Is Your Faith! Be It Done for You as You Desire

      Jesus praised this woman for her faith and for her love because she made
      the misery of her child her own. She was willing to suffer rejection in
      order to obtain healing for her loved one. She also had indomitable
      persistence. Her faith grew in contact with the person of Jesus. She
      began with a request and she ended on her knees in worshipful prayer to
      the living God. No one who ever sought Jesus with faith - whether Jew or
      Gentile - was refused his help. ...

      5. Teaching the Teacher: Letter to a Canaanite Woman

      Did you teach the Teacher? I think you did. Because of you and your
      fierce need, God's own Son himself came to see his life's work as bigger
      than before. What he had not thought to look for in anyone like you, he
      saw: faith. He saw your tenacious conviction that he could help, and
      amazed, he did. ...

      6. Meditations for Lent: Canaanite Woman, An Example of Faith

      This week, as we continue the fast, let us pray that our efforts toward
      being open to God will lead us to a richer understanding of His nature,
      as we read Sacred Scripture. We can then contemplate the Life of Christ,
      bringing Him to the forefront of our lives. In doing so, our faith will
      be fed. ...

      7. From No Faith to a Mountain-top of Meaning: Father John Nepil

      (He) broke into my life and spoke the truth. I experienced the
      forgiveness of God and the beauty of it in confession. I saw the beauty
      and the goodness of (God's) presence in Eucharistic adoration. ...

      8. The Christian Faith Is Not a Leap in the Dark

      From what I've observed, both children and adults in Christian circles
      struggle at times with the things they are called to believe in. God
      seems like a distant idea. Doctrine seems far removed from day-to-day
      life. At times, you or someone you love may be tempted with the thought,
      "I wonder if God, salvation, heaven and hell is all just a made up fairy
      tale." ...

      9. Stand Firm in Your Faith

      Throughout the Bible, those who followed Jesus Christ endured much
      persecution and hardship from those who despised the Lord and His
      followers. But the saints of God never gave up. ...

      10. A Planned trip to Manjanikkara and Unexpected Blessings at Manarcad

      My reasoning mind took a long break, blind faith and gratitude took
      dominance, my heart was content and my mind quite at home without
      conflict. It was as if my silent prayers were not so silent and someone
      listened and answered. ...

      11. Malankara World Great Lent Supplement

      Great Lent is the time for personal reflection, meditation,
      reconciliation, and prayer. Malankara World has a great resource
      that helps you accomplish that. We provide you daily reflections,
      meditations, prayer, bible readings etc. If you had been with us
      last year, you will find that this year's offering has expanded.
      Read the articles about how to practice lent. Then do the reading
      for the day specified. We will guide you week by week. You can find
      the resources here.

      Malankara World Great Lent Supplement
      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Lent/Default.htm

      Daily Reflections - Bible Readings, reflections and prayers for each
      day of the week: Week 4 of Great Lent
      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Lent/Lent_week4.htm

      Nombu Kaala Chinthakal - Deepam Bible Study (Malayalam):
      http://www.Malankaraworld.com/Library/Lent/Nombu-2evp.pdf

      12. FAQs About Hormones: Are Hormones the Key to Good Health and Happiness?

      A lot of the symptoms we normally associate with aging - muddied
      thinking, weight gain, tiring easily - are actually occurring because of
      diminished hormone production..

      13. Recipe: Warm and Spicy Salad

      14. Family Special: God Wants His Job Back

      It helps to see that we need to be able to juggle a lot: home, school,
      family, careers, and church duties. The problem lies with our failure to
      know where to draw the line; to differentiate between leading and
      bossing; to know the difference between taking charge and taking over. ...

      15. Humor: Sunday Service

      16. About Malankara World
      ========================

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World
      Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew