Re: If Jesus was God, why would He cry out -'Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?

  • John Brian
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 27, 2013
      Dearest,

      Generally, it has been accepted that He was quoting the scriptures. In so doing, He validated the prophetic nature of them as well as their use in various prayers and other services of tradition. However, there are many layers to the messages and teachings in the scriptures.

      Why He quoted that particular scripture is the content of many writings of the Holy Church Fathers. I recommend people find the scriptures and
      contemplate the significance of His choice - and then read the Fathers to get some of the apostolic teaching through the first centuries of the Holy Church. This might be a good exercise to find church resources. I would love to read what people find.

      Pray for me, a servant

      JB+Achen
      Rev Fr. John Brian
      Holy Transfiguration Mission