Our Daily Bread: Always Accepted

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2013
      READ: John 1:6-13

      He came to His own, and His own did not receive Him. —John 1:11

      Financial expert Warren Buffet, one of the richest people in the world, was
      rejected by Harvard’s Business School at age 19. After a failed
      admissions interview, he recalls a “feeling of dread,” along with
      concern over his father’s reaction to the news. In retrospect, Buffet
      says, “[Everything] in my life . . . that I thought was a crushing event at the time has turned out for the better.”
      Rejection, though undeniably painful, does not have to hold us back from
      accomplishing what God wants us to do. The citizens of Jesus’ hometown
      denied that He was the Messiah (John 1:11), and many of His followers
      later rejected Him (6:66). Just as Jesus’ rejection was part of God’s
      plan for His Son (Isa. 53:3), so was Jesus’ continued ministry. Enduring earthly rejection and knowing that the Father would turn away from Him
      at Calvary (Matt. 27:46), Jesus went on to cure the sick, cast out
      demons, and preach good news to the masses. Before His crucifixion,
      Jesus said, “[Father], I have finished the work which You have given Me
      to do” (John 17:4).
      If rejection has become a hindrance to the work God has given you to do,
      don’t give up. Remember that Jesus understands, and those who come to
      Him will always be accepted by Him (6:37). —Jennifer Benson Schuldt
      No one understands like Jesus
      When the days are dark and grim.
      No one is so near, so dear as Jesus;
      Cast your every care on Him. —Peterson