Re: If Jesus was God, why would He cry out ‘Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?’

  • Shibu Mathew
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2013
      Hello Sinu,

      My Observation is as follows:

      Though Jesus Christ is LORD, He came in to the midst of us and lived with us a normal human being. He suffered all the pain in his flesh being crucified as a complete man. He embraced the sufferings and death as a human.

      Probably, Our LORD might have cried out for two reasons, (i) Because of his pain on his flesh (ii) Because of his creation and the lost souls.

      Let us honour our LORD and do our best not to make him cry again for us.

      Amen.

      Rgds

      Shibu MATHEW
      Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    • John Brian
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 27, 2013
        Dearest,

        Generally, it has been accepted that He was quoting the scriptures. In so doing, He validated the prophetic nature of them as well as their use in various prayers and other services of tradition. However, there are many layers to the messages and teachings in the scriptures.

        Why He quoted that particular scripture is the content of many writings of the Holy Church Fathers. I recommend people find the scriptures and
        contemplate the significance of His choice - and then read the Fathers to get some of the apostolic teaching through the first centuries of the Holy Church. This might be a good exercise to find church resources. I would love to read what people find.

        Pray for me, a servant

        JB+Achen
        Rev Fr. John Brian
        Holy Transfiguration Mission