Our Daily Bread- Crowned with Glory

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2013
      READ: Psalm 8

      What is man that You are mindful of him? —Psalm 8:4

      The Voyager 1 spacecraft, which was launched in 1977, is on the outer edge of our
      solar system more than 10 billion miles away. In February 1990, when Voyager 1 was almost 4 billion miles from us, scientists turned its camera toward Earth and took some pictures that revealed our planet as an almost
      imperceptible blue dot on a vast sea of empty space.
      In the immense reaches of our universe, Earth is just a minuscule speck.
      On this seemingly insignificant pebble in the ocean of galactic objects
      live more than seven billion people.
      If this makes you feel insignificant, God has some good news. Tucked into
      one of David’s psalms is a rhetorical question that can allow you to
      step out into the night air, look up at the sky, and rejoice. Psalm
      8:3-5 tells us that we are superstars in God’s eyes: “When I consider
      Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, . . . what is man that You are
      mindful of him? . . . You have crowned him with glory and honor.” Soak
      that in! God—who spoke into existence a universe so vast that the Hubble telescope hasn’t found the end of it—created you, and He cares deeply
      for you. He cared enough to ask Jesus to leave heaven to die for you.
      Look up in wonder at God’s creation and praise Him that He crowned you with glory through His Son Jesus. —Dave Branon
      We praise You, Father, for Your creation which reaches
      beyond our imagination, for the spellbinding night
      sky with its vast array of lights, and for loving each of
      us enough to send Jesus to be our personal Savior.
      We see the power of God’s creation; we feel the power of His love.