Re: Oldest of the structures founded after Eldho Baselious bava of k

  • advmgk
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2013
      Can smeone tell me which are those kurishumthitti chappels or Kalkurishs in the name Eldho Baselios Bawa built before 1947..

      Manu

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Paul Joshy <mpjoshy@...> wrote:

      > Much before the declaration of Sainthood to Yeldho Bawa Many churches had set up kurishumthittichappel or Kalkurish in the name Yeldh Bawa, and has been conducting perunnal related to that memory of Bawa on Oct-2. It will be difficult find out which Kurishu was established first.
      >
      > Joshy Paul

    • Paul Joshy
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2013
        Dear All,
        The cross in the name of Yeldho Bawa of the Mazhuvannor Cathedral was being built in the shape of small Hindu temple, a round shape structure and a cross at the top with having 12 small oval shape kuzhi to lighten the lamp/thiri. In fact Yeldho Bawa is more popular as a savior of Hindus in an around Kothamangalam or in the Ernakulam Dist. So a chuttuvilakku was a common custom for the Hindu families near by the Kurishu of Mazhuvannor. whenever they face any difficulty. The Ormaperunnal at the Kurishu is now considered as a traditional fest for the Hindu families of that area. Now it is re-constructed in modern shape of any kurishu pally.

        Joshy Paul