Syriac for beginners?

  • Shibu Mathew
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 22, 2013
      Hi all,

      Is there any forum to learn and practice Syriac for beginners?
      Regards

      Shibu MATHEW

      On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 8:58 PM, Vatachal Thomas John <vtjohn100@...
      > wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I will be obliged very much if the SOCM Bulletin publishes the W.Syriac
      > words for the following:-
      >
      > Genuflection (Kumpituka)
      > Prostration (Sashtangapranamam)
      > Making the sign of the cross on the body of self (Kurisuvarackuka)
      >
      > I have a copy of Kthobo d'slootho s'heemtho wherein the W Syriac words
      > for the above mentioned words are given without vowel signs and in very
      > small Syriac Alphabets so that I am not able to read them
      >
      > V T John
      > ID 3085

    • rejikonkara
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2013
        Dear All,

        There are some basic Syriac lessons in the Malankara Jacobite Syrian Sunday School Association (MJSSA) Sunday School Text Books. Syriac lessons are present from Class IV till Class VII. You can download the textbook pdfs from the below link and refer the last few pages in each book.

        Link: http://mjssa.in/download.aspx

        Regards,
        Reji Joseph
        Member Id - 4513