W Syriac equivalents for genuflection etc

  • Vatachal Thomas John
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 21, 2013
      I will be obliged very much if the SOCM Bulletin publishes  the W.Syriac words for the following:-

      Genuflection (Kumpituka)
      Prostration   (Sashtangapranamam)
      Making the sign of the cross on the body of self (Kurisuvarackuka)

      I have a copy of  Kthobo d'slootho s'heemtho wherein the W Syriac words for the above  mentioned words are given without vowel signs and in very small Syriac Alphabets so that I am not able to read them

      V T John
      ID 3085

    • rejikonkara
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1 10:54 AM
        Dear All,

        There is an online Syriac dictionary at: http://www.syriacdictionary.net/
        You may need to install Meltho fonts to start using this. You can search on English, Syriac, Swedish and Arabic. The database has the translations for 'Genuflection' and 'Prostration'. I did not see any translation for kurishuvrakkal though there is one for 'sign with the cross'.

        Regards,
        Reji Joseph
        Member Id - 4513