Our Daily Bread: Rerouting...Rerouting...

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 20, 2013
      READ: Proverbs 3:1-8

      In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. —Proverbs 3:6

      Don’t worry. I know right where I’m going,” I said to my passengers. Then an
      almost-human voice ratted me out: “Rerouting . . . rerouting.” Now
      everyone knew I was lost!
      These days, millions of drivers recognize those words, or others like them,
      as a sign they’ve gone off track or missed a turn. The GPS device not
      only recognizes when a driver is off course, but immediately begins
      plotting a new path to get back on track.
      Sometimes followers of Jesus need help to get back on track spiritually. We may
      intentionally veer off course because we think we know best, or drift
      away slowly, failing to notice we’re moving further and further from the walk God wants with us.
      God has not left us on our own, however. He has given all believers the
      Holy Spirit (John 14:16-17; 1 Cor. 3:16), who convicts us of our sin
      (John 16:8,13). When we’re going off course, He sounds the alarm and
      triggers our conscience (Gal. 5:16-25). We may ignore the warning, but
      we do so to our own detriment (Isa. 63:10; Gal. 6:8).
      What comfort to know that God is at work in our lives through the convicting work of the Holy Spirit! (Rom. 8:26-27). With God’s help and guidance,
      we can continue on a path that is pleasing to Him. —Randy Kilgore
      Holy Spirit, we would hear
      Your inner promptings, soft and clear;
      And help us know Your still, small voice
      So we may make God’s will our choice. —D. DeHaan
      We’re never without a helper, because we have the Spirit within.