Rejoice in the Lord always … Let your gentleness be known”

  • shibu podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 18 10:49 AM
      Rejoice in the Lord always … Let your gentleness be known” Then Phil. 4:4-7: “Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”[“guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus” = “garrison and mount guard over your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus”] “The Lord is at hand” – let me live today in this expectation, in this joy, Lord: You are coming soon for me. May the spirit of joy bear me up in all trials, Lord. May the spirit of joy animate my prayers, Isa. 56:7. Let me be joyful in you.  Let me be joyful in doing your will, Ps. 40:8. To partake of your gentleness, O Lamb of God! Matt. 11:28-29.  May I bless
      others with your gentleness, Lord, Phil. 4:5. Let me rejoice in sharing your gentleness, Lord. When anxious thoughts arise in me, let me look up to you - You will keep me in Your peace, Lord, John 14:27. Amen. Let us note the five exhortations in this scripture for our hearts to be kept in the peace of God: ·       “Rejoice in the Lord always.” We rejoice in our salvation  (Luke 10: 20), in our Savior, (Luke 1:47), in our trials (Ja. 1:2).·       “Let your gentleness be known to all men.” What a great blessing this is! Matt. 11:28-29.·       Remember that “the Lord is at hand.” This keeps our life purposeful, prayerful, and joyful.·       “Be anxious for nothing.”  We trust, and give thanks. May every anxious thought drive me into your arms, not into stress, Lord.·       “By prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.” [“supplication” = “to
      make humble entreaty; to ask earnestly and humbly.”] Thankful for your prayers, Bro. Shibu L PodiyanWashington D.C