Our Daily Bread- Gifted To Serve

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17 1:00 AM
      READ: Romans 12:3-13

      There are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. —1 Corinthians 12:6

      It occurred to me one day that my right foot does all the pedal work when
      I’m driving my automatic transmission car. It alone works the
      accelerator and the brake. The left foot is idle. What happens if I
      decide that to be equitable, my left foot ought to replace my right foot half the time when I am driving? If you have never done so, please
      don’t try it!
      If we don’t require such equality of the members of our own body, why is
      it that we sometimes expect it of people in the church? That seems to be an issue that the first-century church at Rome faced. Some were
      thinking more highly of themselves than they ought (Rom. 12:3) just
      because they were doing some things others were not doing. But Paul
      reminds us that “all members do not have the same function” (v.4). We’ve been gifted according to God’s grace (v.6). He gave us those gifts to
      serve others, not ourselves (vv.6-13). Our service is to be marked by
      diligence and fervor, for we are serving the Lord, not man (v.11).
      So, let’s not look over our shoulders to see what others are doing or not
      doing. Look at how God may be able to use you in His kingdom today. He
      has gifted you just as He has pleased (v.3). —C. P. Hia
      Lord, lead me today as You see best. Use the gifts You
      have given me to encourage others on their journey.
      Help me not to compare myself with others
      but to be content with who You have made me to be.
      We can’t all play the same part in God’s band of service, but we should all play in harmony.