Our Daily Bread- The Best Life

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2013
      READ: John 1:35-42

      [Andrew] first found his own brother Simon, and said to him, “We have found the Messiah.” —John 1:41

      A few months ago, I had to travel to Florida and back on business. On my
      flight home, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I had a seat with
      lots of leg room. It felt so good not to be scrunched into a small area. Plus, I had an empty seat beside me! The makings of a good nap.
      Then I remembered those around me in their not-as-comfortable seats. I
      invited several others I knew to join me in a better spot but was
      surprised they all wanted to stay in their own seats for various
      reasons: They didn’t want to be inconvenienced with a move or felt fine
      where they were.
      As believers in Christ, we have a much more significant invitation to
      extend: We’ve received a new life of faith in Jesus and want others to
      experience it too. Some will want to do so, and others won’t. In John
      1:40 we read that Andrew had begun to follow Jesus. The first thing
      Andrew did was to find his brother Simon and invite him to meet Jesus,
      the Messiah, too (v.41). Jesus offered them a wonderful new way of life
      of knowing Him and enjoying His promises: His forgiveness (Rom. 3:24),
      continual presence (Heb. 13:5), hope (Rom. 15:13), peace (John 14:27),
      and a forever future in His presence (1 Thess. 4:17).
      Won’t you join in? Jesus gives the best life. —Anne Cetas
      If we commit ourselves to Christ
      And follow in His way,
      He’ll give us life that satisfies
      With purpose for each day. —Sper
      If you want someone to know what Christ will do for him, let him see what Christ has done for you.