The best explanation from an ex-jacobite priest!!!!

  • Varkey T.A.
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 11, 2013
      Dear friends,

      It is very interesting to see the continuing diatribe of IOCeans and even their priests against the cross-jumbed KKJ achen in ICON Forum.  The plight of the cross-jumper Bishops and Priests in IOC are well written by Fr. KKJ.  However, in his reply to one IOCean who is doubting about the real 'Patriarch of Antioch', since there are 5 patriarchs in the same name, KKJ gives an example, which I think is the befitting reply to those IOCean always having this question.

      Let me quote his own words: ".....The problem is that the present generation is born into and wired into schism. What you wrote is based on your reading of post-schism authors and partial knowledge. Your reading of SC verdict is not complete or you depend on wrong commentators. You wrote there are patriarchs claiming 'Patriarch of Antioch'. Say,'Gopal' has a son named 'Krishna'. When Krishna grew-up comes to know that there are 10 people with the name 'Gopal' in his town. Does that mean Krishna does not know who is his father or some other Gopal is his father? There are 5 patriarchs in the same name; which is not a defense. Indian Orthodox should know which Patriarch of Antioch is mentioned the 1934 constitution, lack of that awareness is one of the root problems. ......."

      Yes, Achen correctly pointed out the root problem in IOC, the lack of awareness of 'who is the father'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Well said Achen, congrats!!!  Hats off to you!!!  If I send this reply to ICON, surely they will not publish it and hence sending it to SOCM and hope they will publish it and you will read it.

      Regards

      Varkey Titus
      ID # 1024