More to the thread

  • Alex Jojo Joseph
    Message 1 of 1502 , May 30, 2003
      Dear All,

      Going through the responses (both to the group and personnel) I can
      once again make myself sure that there is a definite gap existing
      between the people of this Malankara Church.This has been (and is
      still) widened by the antic behavour and comments of many self-
      proclaimed guardian-angels of both sides.

      I still say,that we can go hand in hand as two sister churches and
      grow in faith..in peace..We can stand united against the threat to
      our church from all protestant denominations(pentecotal churches),the
      protestant but orthodox pretensed Marthomites and dangerous Reeth.I
      have a simple example.All thorugh my childhood I had seen the
      Marthoma Church Kuttppuzha on the way to my home.Until last few
      months it had a board saying "Jerusalem Marthoma Church".But now,it
      reflects "Jerusalem Marthoma Syrian Church" in English and
      Malayalam.I am not saying that its wrong to use or its something of
      real trouble..but just two points

      1. All others out there are ready to take advantage of our fight.
      2. The identity of Malanakara Christians was/is and will be Syrian
      Christians.(we are the real owners of this tradition and sad to see
      that its Marthomites and Reeth who feels proud of this now)

      I am sure that few in IOC will shout against this if I say it.FYI, I
      have seen those mails about common people understanding the so
      called 'truth' but bishops (to be precise,two of our bishops) not
      exactly doing as you wanted and also that former RCC bishop becoming
      Patriarch.Hello sir,Chirstians were not there from first day..we got
      converted from others..This is what I believe.If an RCC bishop is
      coming to our church,that never means its for preaching RCC
      theologies..Let me ask,one of the most respected bishop in IOC now
      was originally a Marthomite...so does that mean IOC has a parallel
      protestant line of thought?I WILL DEFINITELY SAY NO..thirumeni is one
      among the most committed and loyal servant of the our GOD and
      faith...so,please never give these sort of arguments just for winning
      the debate..it can lead to nothing but more confusion and .....hope u
      understand.This can never have an inkling towards our common good.

      These words which announce your bigotry towards the Jacobites cant be
      tolerated.This is yet another seemingly-harmless form of that big
      hand attittude showm by the rubber newspaper and others over our
      faithfuls.We,at any cost,will not stand for that.If someone wants to
      fight on ground and see who is there until the last second,I am ready
      for that too.But remember,in this century no one can claim
      superiority over other at any cost.Court decisions are nothing but
      technical victories and it can be turned around ,if really needed.And
      in a secular country like India,court will naver take a stand against
      any considerable mass..and its underlined again if it is something
      related to the religion and faith...

      For peace to come,please try to give and take respect.

      Dear brother Abin,

      >St. yeldho bava and early fathers taught us a sentence.
      >"Any relation with these kind of people (veda vipareethikal) is a
      >sin and if any one particpate in their qurubano or other koodaskal
      >is equivalent to drinking poission".

      I agree...but try to diferentiaite between who is who in a more
      sensible manner.We can chivalrously defend our faith but our struggle
      should be to safe guard those teachings our forefathers passed on to
      us..Not to suss new dimensions for it with our own reasonings.

      >any one participate in the
      >koodasakal of the modakkapettavar is also outside the Holy
      >church"

      IOC is not in that list until now.IF you marry a girl from IOC,will
      you insist on applying Holy Mooron over her forehead?Does our church
      teaches that?

      >Again Alex
      >U don't think every jacobites are ready for the union.
      >if a good thing is mix with a poission the good becomes
      >poissioned. so not ready.

      You are mistaken here.I suggested that we can go hand in hand
      peacefully..not that we will solve all those big riddles and become
      one the very next day.Lets have a begining for a good tomorrow.

      >can't able to unite but another thing is possibe if they believe
      >and confess, our H.H patriarch will allow to enter into the church
      >of our Lord. through the baptism.

      It can never be like that.Read the Nicene Creed..paapamochanathinu
      maamodeesa onnu maathram..think its self explanatory

      >reunion is not possible because these 2 are 2 different
      >faith.what u wrote "same faith" ???

      The same Orthodox faith...universal theory of orthodoxy.differences
      are internal..so we can go side-by-side yet believing in orthodoxy.

      Regards
      Alex Jojo Joseph
    • SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com
      Message 1502 of 1502 , Oct 1, 2004