Serve the Lord When We Serve Others

  • shibu podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2013
      Serve the Lord When We Serve Others

      The Lord Jesus lived His life for others. He lived His life serving others. He laid down His life for others. The last few hours on the eve of His death, Jesus devoted His time to speak to His disciples, comfort them, and pray for them. While He was preparing to die, His heart was for others, especially His disciples. We need the mind of Christ to live for others and serve others.

      When we serve others in love, we are serving Christ, Matt. 25:40: inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.� Let us note: to one of the least of these My brethren. Indeed, many such brethren are in our life. Here are some suggestions:

      Is there one of the least of these My brethren� I should be praying for this moment, Lord?
      Is there one of the least of these My brethren� I should be comforting this moment, Lord?
      Is there one of the least of these My brethren� I should be calling this moment, Lord?
      Is there one of the least of these My brethren� I should be visiting today, Lord?
      Is there one of the least of these My brethren� I should be helping in some way today, Lord?

      When our prayers are as above, the Spirit helps us to serve as Jesus did. Such indeed are true servants of God.�

      Please see the attached January Word of Grace 2013 from which the above excerpt is taken.

      Thankful for your prayers
      Brother Shibu L. Podiyan
      Washington D.C