WHEN MORAN VISITED RANNI

  • MONSY JACOB
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 8, 2013
      WHEN MORAN VISITED RANNI.

      I belong to Ranni Valiyapally. The Holy Father on his apostolic visit to Ranni St. Thomas Valiyapally told the monks that he would not get in to the church through the street to the church.� The road was through the cemetery. H. H. said there were five un-decayed
      bodies in the cemetery sitting there for years. Anew path was constructed through the property of the then vicar Rev.Fr. Purackel.� The vicar could be Fr. Joseph or cor-episcopose Fr. Thomas. This incident was narrated to me by my father who also helped for the
      new road construction. The next morning Moran pointed to the people the location of the five bodies and they were removed from the cemetery. The pre-existed road through the cemetery was later closed and until last year the closing could be noted on the compound wall separating the cemetery from the Ranni Ayroor road. Recently a new path-way was constructed.

      When Moran was about three kilometers away from the church H. H. found the people were scattering because of the strong dark clouds and the imminent rain. H. H. came down from the vehicle and made the sign of the cross to the four sides of horizon. H. H. declared that the rain would not fall. My understanding is that H. H. went to Kallissery and then to Omalloore. God did other signs also during this apostolic visit which I do not wish to write at this time. H. H. served God and God showed signs of it to the people. Hallowed be the name of our Lord and savior Jesus Christ.

      Dn. Monsy Manimalethu Jacob