The Call to Christian Enlightenment - The Call of Baptism

  • rev john brian
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2013
      The Call to Christian Enlightenment - The Call of Baptism

      The special occasion of the baptism of the daughter of God, Sofiamaryam, enhanced the gospel reading from John Chapter 3; that is Nicodemus' inquiry of Jesus about baptism.

      Photos of the baptism at our mission chapel ar posted at www.maruroopa.blogspot.com http://maruroopa.blogspot.com/2013/02/a-baptism-during-time-of-baptism.html

      Fr. John-Brian uses the occasion, the gospel and the epistle (2 Corinthians) to bring into focus the reason for our baptism, even as infants - and the continuing call even into our modern age, especially as Orthodox Christians.

      This sermon uses and refers to scripture readings appointed by the Syrian Malankara calendar and was given on Sunday, January 27, 2013 by Fr. John-Brian Paprock at Holy Transfiguration Orthodox Mission Chapel, Madison, Wisconsin.

      Please pray for Fr. John Brian and for our mission and help us as you are able.

      LISTEN ON-LINE HERE:
      http://frjohbrian.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-call-to-christian-enlightenment.html