Our Daily Bread- Unstoppable

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2013
      READ: Numbers 22:10-34

      The Lord opened Balaam’s eyes, and he saw the Angel of the Lord standing in the way. —Numbers 22:31

      Under it. Over it. Around it. Through it. Nothing will stop me from doing
      it.” I often hear people express this kind of attitude when they get an
      idea or see an opportunity that seems good or profitable. They devote
      all of their resources to getting it done.
      As evidence that this way of thinking may be flawed, I call as my witness a donkey—a donkey belonging to a man named Balaam.
      Balaam was offered a profitable assignment from a neighboring king, and he
      inquired of God for permission to accept it (Num. 22). When God said no, the king’s representatives made a better offer. Thinking God might
      change His mind, Balaam asked again. God granted permission for Balaam
      to go with them but with strict conditions. God knew Balaam’s heart and
      was not pleased with him, so He placed His Angel in the way. Balaam
      couldn’t see the Angel but his donkey could. When the donkey refused to
      continue, Balaam became angry with the animal for blocking his progress.
      Balaam’s story teaches us that not every obstacle is meant to be overcome. Some
      are placed by God to keep us from doing something foolish. When our
      plans are hindered, we shouldn’t assume that it’s Satan trying to stop
      us. It might be God trying to protect us. —Julie Ackerman Link
      Let Your wisdom guide me ever,
      For I dare not trust my own;
      Lead me, Lord, in tender mercy,
      Leave me not to walk alone. —Reed
      God is always protecting us— even when we don’t realize we need it.