Our Daily Bread- Red Tape

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2013
      READ: Romans 5:1-8

      Through [Jesus] also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. —Romans 5:2

      The expression “red tape” describes the annoying way that bureaucracy
      prevents things from getting done. Originally, the phrase referred to
      the common practice of binding official documents with red ribbon. In
      the early 1800s, the term was popularized by the writings of Scottish
      historian Thomas Carlyle, who was protesting governmental foot-dragging. Following the American Civil War, the problem of “red tape” resurfaced
      as war veterans struggled to receive their benefits. The term denotes
      frustration and disappointment because of the burdensome hurdles it
      erects to accomplishing goals.
      Bureaucratic red tape is almost legendary, but there is one place in the universe
      where it’s never an issue—the throne of God. In Romans 5:2, Paul speaks
      of Christ, “through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand.” When our hearts are broken or our lives are troubled,
      there is no red tape hindering our access to God. Jesus Christ has paved the way so that we can have access to enter boldly into the presence of the King of heaven (Heb. 4:16).
      Remember, when your heart is hurting, you don’t have to cut through a lot of red
      tape to present your needs to God. Through Christ, we have full and
      immediate access. —Bill Crowder
      Thank You, Father, that access to Your throne
      has been secured for us by Jesus Christ. We
      know that You will not ignore us. Thank You for
      the confidence we can have that You care.
      God’s throne is always accessible to His children.