Hearty Congratulations to the esteemed Reverend Father Johnny Thuruthyil of the Cochin Diocese

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 30, 2013
    “I will clothe her priests with salvation, and her faithful people will ever sing for joy.” Psalms 132:16

    Hearty Congratulations to the esteemed Reverend Father Johnny Thuruthyil of the Cochin Diocese. Dear Achen is celebrating his Sacerdotal Silver Jubilee on the 3rd of February 2013 with an array of thanksgiving programs at the St. Peter’s and St. Paul’s Church in Kadungamangalam. It is worth mentioning that this honored colleague of my humble self at the Malecruz Dayro and afterwards our dear youngest sister’s husband, has become a model to many others, especially showing how sincere and genuine a Syrian Orthodox Priest could be in his services to the parishes, faithful and community. It is my premise that Johnny Achen’s exceptional dedication to his divine calling must have been solidified by his closeness and several years of services to late lamented Dr. Mor Osthatheos Thomas, the former Metropolitan of Cochin Diocese at Kyomtha Seminary.
    I am amazed to find out that Johnny Achen has been participating in the Walking Pilgrimage to Manjanikkara (Theerthayathra) for the past 46 years. Achen’s dedication to the Syrian Orthodox Faith and its various causes are exemplary. Like many other revered colleagues, we continue to cherish the sweet memories of our molding period at the Malecruz Seminary, under the unparalleled tutoring of the late lamented Mor Themotheos Yakoob of blessed memory and the exceptional mentoring of the virtuous Joseph Sir (Now venerable Phinehas Rambachan). May The Almighty God shower His choicest blessings on Rev. Father Johnny Thuruthyil on this auspicious occasion and pray that Achen’s passionate spiritual services be continuously beneficial to the Holy Church and to numerous faithful for many more years to come.

    With Prayerful Regards,
    Fr. Mathai Varkey Puthukkunnathu.
    Padhiri@...
    Atlanta, USA.