Holy Apostolic Bulls are published without discretion in church & public medias

  • bj
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 28, 2013
      My Dear Fellow Faithful,

      This note is to draw kind attention of our hierarchical authorities as well as to all my brothers and sisters who are in charge of official church medias and to the fellow church members who are authors of news items supplied to the public medias. Now a days we see copies of Apostolic Bulls of the Holy Father, the Patriarch, published in every media whether they are online or printed versions. As a humble child of the Holy Church I was very pained to write a note as comment recently in the Face Book as below:

      "Dear All my Brethren, May I humbly submit a request for your consideration: Would you STOP publishing the Apostolic Bulls from the head of the church, the holy Patriarch? We have seen copying and pasting these Bulls by many unauthorized persons for unwanted purposes and for their vested ambitions. Some even supplied these vital documents to the online & printed medias where they finally ended up in the waste bins without any bar. Some time ago I even got a copy of such a sacred document on a packing paper(news paper) used by a stationery store. I wonder why these items are given out irresponsibly and without any discretion by those having had access to them. I do not think this practice is appreciated by the children of the Holy Church at all. Please do not take this request as personal insult or attack"

      As far as I know, the hierarchical directions from the holy father through the Apostolic Bulls are to be read appropriately before the faithful while they are standing and listening in awe, preferably in the church during the Holy Service. But now think of the predicament of these sacred items.

      Submitting the above note to the concerned while praying for all readers of this message.

      Chev.Babu Jacob Nadayil,
      Public Relations Officer,
      Malankara Archdiocese of the S.O.C. in N.America
      From the desk of moderators.
      SOCM only publishes the Apostolic Bulls which is addressed to the faithful and after reading it in the parishes. We think once it is read in the parishes, it become the public document and it can be used for academic or scholarly purpose.
    • dhinuus
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 30, 2013
        I have to agree with the moderators. All communications addressed to the faithful should be made available and accessible to everyone.

        If we dont want Apostolic Bulls from the Patriarch to be published because someone might print it and put it in the dust bin; then we should not make the Holy Bible available online either ? The words of the Holy Bible are on any day at a much higher level than any kalpana from any Metropolitan or Patriarch.

        Let us keep in mind; almost all the books in the New Testament except the Gospels, Acts and Revelations are Apostolic Letter (Bulls) or Kalpanas from St. Paul , St. Peter etc addressed sometimes to a particular individual Titus, Timothy, Philemon etc or to a particular church; Church at Corinth, Church at Ephesus etc.

        Transparency in church administration is very important. One of the key to transparency is making documents available for the public.

        Mathew George