whoever humbles himself as this little child…”

  • shibu podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2013
      whoever humbles himself as this little child…”

      Matt. 18:1-4: “At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them, and said, “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.” [“humbles himself as this little child” = trusting, lowly, loving, forgiving; “converted” – we are not humble by nature, we need to be converted. The same grace that leads us initially to repentance continually leads us to deeper humility by convicting us of our need for repentance from particular aspects of pride inherent in our nature.]

      Lord Jesus, may my heart become trusting, loving, and forgiving, as a little child. May my heart be bonded to you, Lord, as a little child to his mother. In such fellowship with you, Lord, may I partake of your humility. May I be content with your decisions for me as a little child is content with the mother’s choices. Let me say ‘Amen’ to what you have prepared for me today, counting it all good (Rom. 8:28), and give thanks with joy. Amen.

      The little child clings to the mother - total dependency. As little children, we must be carefree, trusting our heavenly Father to care for us, Matt. 6:31. Lord, I trust you.
      The little child rejoices in the mother’s love. May I rejoice in your love, O Father.
      The little child cries and runs to the mother when hurting. May I so run you, Lord.
      The little child craves for the mother’s milk. May I long for the pure milk of God’s Word,
      1 Pet.2: 2.

      The little child is forgiving: is not burdened by its past. May I be unburdened from the past, Lord.
      Childhood is the time for learning – let us be eager to learn the Father’s will.
      Warning: We are warned that the sin of the fallen angels was pride. Pride renders us unfit for heaven. Lord, let me be in godly fear; help me see my pride and repent continually. Amen.

      Quote: “Meekness is born into us as the Son of God is born into us.” Anon

      Learning to humble myself,
      Bro.Luke Shibu podiyan
      Washington D.C