Re: Sabha Calendar - Mobile Application Widget

  • Zacharia Varghese
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 22, 2013
      Dear Concerned Parties (for smartphone Syriac Orthodox material)

      Please contact me at frzach@... or Fr Zach Varghese on
      facebook as I just met last Sunday with interested parties in creating and underwriting a conceptually similar, but wider scope, app project.
      Specifically we are in need of a graphic designer and are committed to
      delivering a prototype within 45 days or so. We hope to have a finished
      product by Christmastime.

      Fr. Zach Varghese
      Member 903
    • Paul...
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 24, 2013
        Dear Dr.Thomas,

        Well, my expression; a bit sarcastic!

        However, I am happy that, by the grace of Almighty, it has hit the right folks, like you.

        I'm a Retail Marketing professional, hence, have a vague knowledge about the technical aspects involved, in developing the same.

        However, I happened to meet a gentleman, again one of us, who does similar projects, based out of Cochin.

        Kindly let me know, in which all ways can I be of some help, to come up with a real good product.

        In Peace,
        Paul
        id#1047
      • George C Kuriakose
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 29, 2014
          Dear Paul / Fr Zach Varghese / Thomas and all members of SOCM

          Your mails below was the initial inspiration to try the Sabha Calendar as an Android Application. It is a pleasure to revert back that we have been able to develop the same in a small manner at this point of time

          The salient features of the Android Application is:

          1) Calendar selection based on the criteria - Great Feasts, Episodes, Saints & Holy Fathers

          2) Description on the importance of the day.

          3) Gospel and Epistle readings for the day.

          This application can be downloaded on your android phones / tablets from the following link: http://tinyurl.com/qbjc4ms

          We would also be happy if you could like our facebook page:  https://www.facebook.com/OrthodoxLiturgicalCalendar

          Request that this message and the attached document be shared with members of your church (especially the youth), your friends and relatives.

          Will also be happy to receive your valuable suggestions and feedback on the Android Application.

          Regards
          George C Kuriakose
          +91-97408-24900

        • zvarghese@gmail.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 29, 2014

            Thanks George!

            I have already spread the message.

            Actually I wish that you had consulted us before hand. In December time frame we are releasing an enhanced version for iOS/android partially sponsored by the Archdiocese here with these features and many more.

            What you've put in place is really very good and helpful. May God bless you! Let us know if you may share some of the database files with the lectionary, saints days, etc.

            Zach Achan

            VP, MGSOSA