Our Daily Bread- Open Arms

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 21, 2013
      READ: Luke 15:11-24

      When he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him. Luke 15:20

      At the funeral of former US First Lady Betty Ford, her son Steven said, She was the one with the love and the comfort, and she was the first one there to put her arms around you. Nineteen years ago when I went through my alcoholism, my mother. gave me one of the greatest
      gifts, and that was how to surrender to God, and to accept the grace of God in my life. And truly in her arms I felt like the prodigal son
      coming home, and I felt God's love through her. And that was a good
      gift.

      Jesus parable about a young man who asked for and squandered his inheritance and then in humiliation returned home leaves us amazed at his father's response: When he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him� (Luke 15:20).

      Instead of a lecture or punishment, the father expressed love and
      forgiveness by giving him a party. Why? Because this my son was dead
      and is alive again; he was lost and is found� (v.24).

      Steven Ford concluded his tribute with the words, Thank you, Mom, for loving us, loving your husband, loving us kids, loving the nation, with the heart of God.

      May God enable us to open our arms to others, just as His are open wide to all who turn to Him. David McCasland

      Lord, help me be kind and forgiving
      Your loving forgiveness You've shown
      To me for the sins I've committed;
      Lord, grant me a love like Your own. Anon.
      Forgiven sinners know love and show love.