MEANING OF MALAYALAM KOODASA SONGS 33

  • UT George
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2013
      Dear friends

      We will now study the remaining 3 stanzas of the 2nd susroosha of funeral of males . The song starting as
      NAVYATHAYUDHANE KARUNABDHE NALK

      NINNIL NIDRITHARAM--NIN DASANMARKKAI

      5 NIN SARANE MRUTHARAM -- JANAKA BRATHAKKALL
      SOUBHAGYASTHANA--THELKKANA ASYASUM
      VAMSAVIDHIKKAI NEE--AGATHANAKUNNAL
      UNNATHAMAM YERUSALEMIL NINNADIYAR
      MODAGARATHIL--VIMALANMAROPPAM
      STHUTHI NITHYAM PADAAN--BHAGYAM NEDENAM

      In this song the first 4 stanzas lead our spiritual eyes us to look inside the grave.The last enemy of our life -Death-was eating the body put inside the tomb.The worms are eating the strong bones or the blood manufacturing factory of our body.If a person meditate the state of the body after death, surely he or she will dedicate their body as a holy living sacrifice to God.Satan is now deceiving persons to treat their body as a pleasure making and enjoying instrument forgetting eternal punishment. You don't exist for your body ,it exist for you.That is why Paul said "I beat my body and make it my slave" (1 Corinthians 9:27). Your body is not for lust but for the Lord.

      5 NIN SARANE MRUTHARAM-JANAKA BRATHAKKAL---It can be written as" Your close friends (BRATHAKKAL) who are born again and now dead in your saranathal (Dead in the hope of your forgiveness and loving kindness of resurrection). They should be kept in the heavenly abode until your last Judgement day.The prayer is comparable to the one as stated in John 11.Lazarus' sisters send the request to Jesus "Lord whom You love so well is sick". The prayer is based on the relation between the patient Lazar and Jesus.Here the Prayer for the soul is also based on the relation the dead person had with Jesus.Friends, are we keeping a sweet friendship with Jesus.Abraham was a friend of the Living Lord.Who fear ,revere and worship will have HIS companionship (Psalm 25:14). Jesus called His disciples as friends (John 15:15). Friend of Jesus means who can walk,talk and live with Jesus.Jesus is so real,so dear so near a God.
      MODAGARAM--- The Heavenly abode of Joy.

      VIMALANMAROPPAM---along with other saints.(Do you want to be a saint by His grace while living in this world?). The Sunday school teacher asked the students Whom do you want to be?,the rich man or Lazar of LUKE chapter 16.One of the student said he wants to be the rich man in this world and Lazar after death.Many are like this boy under vain hope.Be holy today itself.

      BHAGYAM NEDENAM---Heaven is not a free gift for who live opposing to God's will.Gods will is our sanctification.(1 Thessalonians 4:3).

      6 SWARGAPATHE! MRUTHARE --JEEVIPPIKKENAME

      NIN SARANE JEEVAN--VIRAMIPPICHORAM
      SAKALA PARETHARKKUM--MOCHANAMEKANAME
      NINNUDE VANDINAMATHILAVAR MODIKKANAME
      AVARAZHALILLATHE -THEJODHARIKALAI
      MANAVARAYE MODAL--PRAPICHEEDANAM

      In all the prayers for the dead believers it is specifically mentioned that such prayer is only for who were dead in hope of Jesus .But many of our believers are neglecting this.How can a person ignore gospel teachings as impractical and at the same time live and die in the hope of Jesus.Friend's, the truth is that we can lead a victorious spiritual life experiencing victory over sin if we trust in the Lord as our saintly Fathers lived in this world.

      VANDINAM----A day is coming ! A day is coming to prove our spiritual life in this world. No favoritism on the basis of cast,creed or church according to 1Peter 1:17.

      THEJODHARIKAL---who have the glory of God.Mose had it while walking through his home and camp and church in the desert..Stephan had it by faith on his dying face.Attain the glory by dedication and yielding.

      7 STHURIKARUNNIATHAL--SRISHTTICHON JANAKA
      STOTHRUM SLEEBAYAL--RAKSHICHON THANAYA
      STHOTHRUM PRANADANAM--PARISUDHALMAVE
      NJANGALILEPPOZHUM MASSIHA RAKSHAKANE
      KANIVUNDAKANAME--ADIYARUM MRUTHARUM
      NINNE YENNENNUM--STHROTHUM CHAITHEEDUM

      It is a sad truth that many among us are allergic to the words STHOTHRUM, HALLELUJAH,PRAISE ETC.

      How these words come from a man's heart?Not easy as you think.ISAIAH 61:11 says FOR AS SURELY AS THE EARTH BRINGS FORTH ITS SHOOTS,AND AS A GARDEN CAUSES WHAT IS SOWN IN IT TO SPRING FORTH,SO SURELY THE LORD GOD WILL CAUSE RIGHTNESS AND JUSTICE AND PRAISE TO SPRING FORTH THROUGH POWER OF HIS WORDS.No doubt ,only from the hearts in which word of God is sown ,the word stothrum and Hallelujah will spring forth.

      For St Peter,St Paul and St Stephan and St Ignatius and such Fathers, their day of death was not sad crying days
      but their crowning days.They expect us to follow them in life and death.

      U T GEORGE