The Sound That Takes Souls Up to See the Heavens

  • Thomas Daniel
    Message 1 of 1502 , May 24 11:29 PM
      The Sound That Takes Souls Up to See the Heavens

      Below are passages about souls hearing Heavenly Music or Sound, often
      the Sound of a Trumpet. Sometimes in these revelations the Sound is
      also a Voice -- the Voice of God -- a Voice that is at the same time
      Sound, such as a trumpet, a mighty wind, or rushing water. In many of
      these there is a pattern of souls hearing the Trumpet Sound and then
      finding themselves being pulled up ...... translated in spirit.......
      into Heavenly Places. What follows this awakening and rising up in
      spirit is a series of visionary journeys through the heavens.

      "On the Lord's Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud
      voice like a trumpet..." (Revelation 1: 10 NIV)

      "After this I looked, and there before me was a Door standing open in
      heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet
      said, 'Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after
      this.'" (Revelation 4:1 NIV)

      "Having said these words, he departed. But we bent our knees, I and
      Peter, and gave thanks, and sent our hearts upwards to heaven. We
      heard with our ears, and saw with our eyes, the noise of wars, and a
      trumpet blare, and a great turmoil. And when we had passed beyond
      that place, we sent our minds farther upwards, and saw with our eyes
      and heard with our ears hymns, and angelic benedictions, and angelic
      rejoicing. And heavenly majesties were singing praise, and we, too,
      rejoiced". (The Coptic Apocryphon of James found in Egypt, The Nag
      Hammadi Library In English, James M. Robinson, Harper Collins)

      Revelation 14: 2,: "And I heard a Sound out of heaven like the sound
      of many waters, and like a sound of great thunder. Then I heard a
      sound of harpers playing on their harps. And they sing as it were a
      new song before the throne". (See note below on Merkaba/Throne)

      Enoch raised upon the wings of the Shekina [Divine Light and Sound]
      to the place of the Throne, the Merkaba and the angelic hosts

      "And I took him, that is, Enoch, the son of Jared, from among them.
      And I lifted him up with Sound of a Trumpet and with a teru'a (shout)
      to the high heavens, to be My witness together with the Chayyoth*
      [angles] by the Merkaba* in world to come. (Third Enoch - The Hebrew
      Book of Enoch, Hugo Odeberg, KTAV Publishing, NY)

      *NOTES:

      *Merkaba is a Hebrew word and means 'God's Throne-Chariot' and refers
      to the chariot of Ezekiel's vision. The goal of the merkaba mystic
      was to enter the throne world, after passing through Seven Heavenly
      Mansions.

      *Chayyoth or Hayyoth (Hebrew), a group of mighty angels who reside in
      the seventh heaven.

      For more on Enoch's travels, see the Book of Second Enoch, one of the
      Ethiopian Books of Enoch the Prophet:
      http://www.goodnewsinc.net/othbooks/secrets.html

      Also see the Book of First Enoch:
      http://reluctant-messenger.com/book_of_enoch.htm