Malankara World Journal Issue 120 - Theme: Discipleship - (Jan 17)

  • Jacob Mathew
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2013
      The Malankara World Journal Issue 120 - Theme: Discipleship - (Jan 17,
      2013) is available online at:

      *Table of Contents MWJ Issue No: 120 Theme: Discipleship*

      1. Bible Readings for This Sunday (Jan 20)

      Second Sunday after Denho

      2. Sermons for This Sunday (Jan 20)

      Sermons for the Second Sunday After Denho
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_2nd-sunday-after-denaha.htm

      3. Nineveh Lent (Three Day Lent)

      Our church celebrates Nineveh Lent from January 21-23 this year. The
      Nineveh Lent is a lent of attrition and repentance commemorating the
      repentance of the people Nineveh at the preaching of Prophet Jonah. This
      lent starts three weeks before the start of the Great Lent.

      Read Malankara World Journal Nineveh Lent Special (Issue 50) for
      Articles and Features on Nineveh Lent.
      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Newsletter/MWNews_50.htm

      4. The bible readings for Nineveh Lent

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Newsletter/MWJ_120.htm#Nineveh_bible

      5. Sermons for Nineveh Lent

      http://www.MalankaraWorld.com/Library/Sermons/Sermon-of-the-week_Nineveh-Lent.htm

      6. The Cost of Discipleship

      Like Jesus, we must be willing to tell people that there is a cost to
      following the Savior. We do not help the non-believer if we teach or
      imply that Jesus can be folded into the fabric of our lives without the
      world hating us. ...

      7. Discipleship - Growing In Likeness To Jesus!

      In the time of Jesus a disciple would attach himself to a teacher..
      learn from him.. obey him.. imitate him.. become like his teacher. That
      is what God wants for us. He wants us to be disciples of Jesus.. attach
      ourselves to Him.. learn from Him.. become like Him. ...

      8. Eight Steps To Become A Servant Leader!

      When the New Testament speaks of ministering to the saints, it means not
      primarily preaching to them but devoting time, trouble, and substance to
      giving them all the practical help possible. The essence of Christian
      service is loyalty to the king expressing itself in care for his
      servants (Matthew 25: 31-46). Only the Holy Spirit can create in us the
      kind of love toward our Savior that will overflow in practical
      helpfulness towards his people. ...

      9. How to Respond Undaunted When God Calls You

      Too often, Christians sense God calling them to do something to help
      people in need, yet fail to take action because they're afraid they
      won't be able to handle the task. But whenever God calls people to do
      something, He empowers them to do it. ...

      10. More Will be Demanded From Those Who are Entrusted with Much

      Faithful servants are to be about their master's will, not doing their
      own thing, not squandering what they've been given, but instead,
      realizing how much they've been given, and that there are punishments
      awaiting those who knowingly disobey. ...

      11. Discipleship - Following Jesus No Matter What

      Have you ever wondered why God allows some Christians to suffer so much,
      and others seem to glide through life effortlessly, painlessly? I know
      many Godly men and women who seem to suffer without end. Their pain is
      more than I have ever experienced; they've faced more trials in a year
      than I've faced in my entire life. Why is that? ...

      12. Closer to You Than to Me - A Surrendered Life

      Jonah might be the surrendered saint we most readily identify with. In
      the end, he realized it was better to be closer to God than to himself.
      He was brought to the surrender ceremony kicking and screaming, with
      both heels dug into the sand. He wanted nothing to do with God's terms
      of surrender: "Go to Nineveh and preach a message of judgment to the
      Ninevites." Thank you, No. Jonah did an about face and hopped the first
      ship headed for Spain. You know the rest of the story. ...

      13. Dealing With Anger Towards Others

      Relationships are rarely shattered because of one incident. Instead,
      anger builds over time and eventually explodes all over the place. So if
      you have anger in you, don't let it go unchecked. Confess it to others
      and make things right today! ...

      14. Family: Stop and Listen

      During serious conversations or conflicts, you need to stop and listen,
      ask questions or paraphrase what your spouse is saying in order to
      understand what he or she really means. Asking a good question can often
      be like an emotional crowbar to dislodge how somebody really feels. ...

      15. Health: Losing Weight Biologically (Without Drugs)

      Losing weight by working with biology and your own individual,
      genetically encoded insulin triggers is natural and a prescription for
      long-term success. It doesn't mean you can eat whatever you want and
      never exercise, but it does mean you'll feel full and satisfied and have
      lots of energy. ...

      16. Recipe: Trillian's Cream of Cheesy Potato Soup

      17. Malankara World Journal Special on Women in Church

      A special edition of Malankara World Journal will be released on January
      21, 2013 that will examine the role of women in our Church. ...

      18. Humor: Science Test Answers

      Actual submissions from a series of science quizzes, tests, and essays.

      19. About Malankara World

      ========================

      Read all the articles and features in this week's Malankara World
      Journal online at:

      Thank you for your support and help.

      In HIS Service

      Dr. Jacob Mathew