Living an Examined Life

  • shibu podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2013
      Living an Examined Life

      Jeremiah's Example: The Prophet Jeremiah lived an examined life. He prayed: O LORD, correct me, but with justice; Not in Your anger, lest You bring me to nothing,� Jer. 10:24. Is there a longing in our hearts to be corrected by our heavenly Father? This longing identifies us as sons of God, Heb. 12:7. Let us also pray as Jeremiah prayed, O LORD, correct me.

      David,s Example: The Psalmist David lived an examined life. He prayed: Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxieties; And see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting� Ps. 139:23-24.� Is there a longing in our hearts to be searched by God, so that He may show us our sin? We may believe that David was not conscious of any sin when he was praying thus. We may habitually ask God to search our hearts even if we are not conscious of any sin.

      Paul's Example: The apostle said in Acts. 24:15-16 that because he had the hope of resurrection, he always strove to have a good conscience without offense toward God and men.� Paul lived an examined life. He also confessed that he was the chief of sinners himself, 1 Tim. 1:15; but I obtained mercy,� he said in the next verse.

      Thankful for your prayers,
      Bro.Shibu Podiyan
      Washington. D.C