Praying Without Losing Heart

  • shibu podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2013
      Praying Without Losing Heart

       When Jesus, just before the beginning of His public ministry, was led up by the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted, He gave Himself to fasting and prayer. And, at the closing days of His life, as He prepared Himself for the supreme sacrifice, Jesus “offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears...and was heard because of His godly fear,” Heb. 5:8.

      As we draw close to God in prayer, may our hearts be in godly fear, in humility, and in faith. Let us remember that “we do not know what we should pray for as we ought,” Rom. 8:26. The Holy Spirit helps us, Rom. 8:26. It is a great help to slowly read God’s Word and meditate as we pray. We may pray using some of the verses we read. Our hearts are awakened and enlightened to pray as we ought to pray. Meditating on God’s Word in prayer builds up faith in our hearts, and we experience God’s goodness as we see our need for repentance, Rom. 2:4.

      Thankful for your prayers
      Shibu Luke Podiyan
      Washington D.C