Our Daily Bread- God must Love me More

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2013
      READ: Job 12:1-10

      A [disaster] is despised in the thought of one who is at ease; it is made ready for those whose feet slip. —Job 12:5

      During a difficult recession, I organized a support group for fellow
      Christians to help them cope with unemployment. We provided resumé
      reviews, networking, and prayer support. One problem emerged: Whenever
      someone got a job, he or she almost never returned to the group to offer encouragement. That increased the loneliness and isolation of those
      left in the group.
      Worse, though, were comments from those who had never experienced a job loss.
      They mirrored the accusations of Job’s friends in his suffering: “If you were pure and upright, surely now [God] would awake for you, and
      prosper [you]” (8:6). By chapter 12, Job is starting to express things
      in terms modern workers can understand. He says that he feels despised
      by those whose life is easy (v.5).
      When things are going well for us, we may start to think that we who don’t
      have troubles are better somehow, or are more loved by God, than those
      who are struggling. We forget that the effects of this fallen world are
      indiscriminate.
      We are all loved by the Lord and we all need Him—in good times and bad.
      The successes, abundance, and positions that God has given to us are
      tools to help us encourage others in their time of need. —Randy Kilgore
      Give us the humility, Lord, not to act like Job’s friends
      who accused him of sin because of his trials. Show us
      how to help those who are struggling so that we might
      give the kind of encouragement You have given us.Humility toward God makes us gentle toward others