Our Daily Bread- What is That to you

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2013
      READ: John 21:15-22

      What is that to you? You follow Me. —John 21:22

      When you attend a children’s choir concert, you’re not surprised when the
      children look everywhere but at the director. They wiggle, squirm, and
      poke each other. They stand on tiptoes to search for parents in the
      audience. They raise their hands to wave when they see them. Oh, yes,
      and they occasionally sing. We smile at their antics. The behavior is
      cute in children. It’s not so cute when adult choir members don’t watch
      the conductor. Good music depends on singers who pay attention to the
      director so they can stay together as they sing.
      Christians sometimes are like singers in a children’s choir. Instead of looking at Jesus, the great Conductor of the symphony of life, we are busy
      squirming or looking at each other or watching the audience.
      Jesus admonished Peter for such behavior. After He told him what would be
      required of him, Peter pointed to John and asked, “What about him?”
      Jesus answered with a question: “What is that to you? You follow Me”
      (John 21:22).
      Sometimes we are distracted by what others are doing. We think God’s plan for
      their life is better than His plan for ours. But God’s plan for each of
      us is the same: Follow Jesus. When we watch Him intently, we’ll not be
      distracted by God’s plan for anyone else. —Julie Ackerman Link
      My times are in my Father’s hand;
      How could I wish or ask for more?
      For He who has my pathway planned,
      Will guide me till my journey’s o’er. — Fraser
      Every child of God has a special place in His plan.