Our Daily Bread- Fully Equipped

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2013
      READ: 2 Timothy 3:14-17

      All Scripture is given by inspiration of God . . . that the man of God may
      be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work. —2 Timothy 3:16-17

      Karl Elsener, a Swiss designer of surgical equipment in the 19th century,
      worked for years on perfecting a military knife. Today his Swiss Army
      Knife is associated with excellence in blades and a variety of
      utilities. One model includes knife blades, a saw, scissors, a
      magnifying glass, a can opener, a screwdriver, a ruler, a toothpick, a
      writing pen, and more—all in one knife! If you are out camping in the
      wild, this one item can certainly make you feel equipped for survival.
      We need something to equip us to survive spiritually in this sinful world. God has given us His Word, a kind of spiritual knife for the soul. Paul writes: “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is
      profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work” (2 Tim. 3:16-17).
      The word translated equipped means to “furnish or fit completely.” How does the Bible equip us for life’s journey? It provides spiritual truth in doctrine; reproof in showing our imperfections; correction by revealing our sinful failures; and instruction in living a righteous life. There’s not a more valuable tool than God’s Word to make us fully equipped for spiritual survival and personal
      growth. —Dennis Fisher
      Lord, thank You for equipping us with Your
      inspired Word. You’ve given us the tools we
      need to live for You. Help us to take time to read
      it and to follow what You tell us. Amen.
      The Bible contains the nutrients we need for a healthy soul.