Our Daily Bread- Getting Along

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2013
      READ: Philippians 2:1-11

      Fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love. —Philippians 2:2

      I love being with people . . . most of the time. There is a special joy
      that resonates in our hearts when we are with people we enjoy. But
      unfortunately we are not always with those we like to be around.
      Sometimes people can be prickly, which may be why someone has said, “The more I get to know people, the more I love my dog!” When we don’t find
      joy in a relationship, we tend to blame the other person; then we excuse ourselves as we exit to be with people we like.
      The apostle Paul asks us to lovingly engage with our brothers and sisters
      in Christ. In fact, he calls all of us to be “of one accord,” to look
      out “for the interests of others,” and to “let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus” (Phil. 2:2-5). Think about it. Jesus gave up
      His own prerogatives and privileges for us; He chose to live as a
      servant and paid the ultimate sacrifice that He might bring us into a
      joy-filled relationship with Him (see Heb. 12:2). And He did all that in spite of our prickliness (see Rom. 5:8).
      So next time you are with someone who is not easy to get along with, ask
      Jesus to help you find a way to extend His love. In time, you might be
      surprised by how God can change your attitude about people. —Joe Stowell
      Lord, thank You that while I was still offensive to You,
      You saved me with Your sacrificial love. Give me the
      same courage and grace to extend to others the love
      that You have so graciously extended to me.
      The key to getting along with others is having the mind of Christ.