Our Daily Bread- A Message From God

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 25, 2012
      READ: Hebrews 1:1-9

      God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the
      fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son. —Hebrews 1:1-2

      In 1971, Ray Tomlinson was experi- menting with ways people and computers
      could interact. When he sent a message from his computer through a
      network to a different unit in his office, he had sent the first e-mail. Now decades later, more than a billion e-mails are sent every day. Many contain important news from family and friends, but others may carry
      unwanted advertising or a destructive virus. A basic rule governing
      e-mail use is: “Don’t open it unless you trust the sender.”
      God has sent us a message in the Person of His Son, and we can trust the
      Sender. In the Old Testament, God spoke to His people through the
      prophets and many rejected God’s Word. But it was all leading to this:
      “God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His
      Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds” (Heb. 1:1-2).
      We may be awed by the inexplicable mystery of Almighty God entering our
      world as a baby, yet remain hesitant to embrace Christ fully and place
      our lives in His hands.
      Christmas is the unforgettable message of love, redemption, and hope sent by God. Will you trust the Sender and open His message today? —David McCasland
      Mild He lays His glory by,
      Born that man no more may die.
      Born to raise the sons of earth,
      Born to give them second birth. —Wesley
      God’s timeless message of hope is waiting to be received.