Christmas & New Year - Praying for the Nation

  • shibu podiyan
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 24, 2012
      Christmas & New Year - Praying for the Nation

      “Christmas!!! We share in the joy of men and of angels. The joy of salvation. There is no one but Jesus Christ who assures eternal life for the sinner as soon as He believes. This is the good news of the Gospel. Other religions teach salvation by good works, but one is never sure. You may ask a Hindu or a Muslim or a Buddhist: “we cannot be sure,” will be the answer. The Christian says: “I have eternal life by faith in Jesus Christ.” The angel said at Christ’s birth: ”…behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord,” Luke 2:10-11.

      How may we think concerning America in 2013? People fear for the safety of their children in their neighborhoods and schools. More families are falling apart leaving children suffering. More men and women are living together without marriage. The gay and lesbian culture is spreading. Abortion takes the lives of millions of unborn – who grieves for them? O God have mercy on America. What does the future hold for our children, Lord? Is there not an urgency for prayer?

      How may we think concerning the world in 2013? There is much persecution of Christians in many countries, especially in Islamic nations. The number of Christians in the Middle East (excepting Israel) is dwindling because of persecution over the years – there no sign of this trend reversing. We hear of wars, conflicts, terrorism, and many natural disasters. The population of Christian and other non-Islamic countries is shrinking while Muslim population explodes. Many regions of the world are still waiting for the light of the Gospel. May our hearts feel for those who suffer and those who are lost.

      Are we not living in perilous times? God’s people are to watch and pray. Bible prophecies concerning the second coming of Christ and the end of the age are being fulfilled in our time. Daniel prayed alone when he thought of the future of his people – see chapters 9 & 10. Is there not an urgency for prayer now?

      Scriptures for Faith for Praying for America (or, your nation)

      Ezek: 22:30-31: “So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one. Therefore I have poured out My indignation on them; I have consumed them with the fire of My wrath; and I have recompensed their deeds on their own heads,” says the Lord God.” Let us say, Lord, we are willing to stand in the gap! Give us  grace, Lord.”

      Thankful for your prayers
      Brother Shibu Luke Podiyan
      Washington D.C