Our Daily Bread- Twenty Seven Percent

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 15, 2012
      READ: 2 Peter 3:1-13

      Therefore, since all these things will be dissolved, what manner of persons ought
      you to be in holy conduct and godliness? —2 Peter 3:11

      People’s attitudes toward Bible prophecy vary widely. Some believers are so
      preoccupied with it that they are constantly talking about the latest
      world events, thinking they are biblical signs that Christ could return
      at any moment. Others are so casual in their view of prophecy that it
      seems as if they don’t believe it’s relevant to the Christian life at
      all.
      So is prophecy important? Here are some facts to help put things in
      perspective. There are 31,124 verses in the Bible. Of these verses,
      8,352 have prophetic content of some kind. That’s 27 percent of
      Scripture!
      Because prophecy occupies more than a quarter of Scripture, the believer should deeply value its role in God’s revelation. But in doing so, we should
      remember why God put it there. After describing how the world will end,
      Peter concludes, “Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what
      kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives”
      (2 Peter 3:11 niv). In other words, we should make choices daily for godly living that conform to our future dwelling place.
      God has given us information about the future to glorify Himself, to assure us of His sovereign control of history, and to challenge us to godly
      living. —Dennis Fisher
      He is coming! I shall know Him,
      Jesus! My beloved Lord!
      Changed forever to His likeness;
      Oh! what joy this will afford. —Dimmock
      Look for Christ’s return and you’ll live for Christ’s glory.