Our Daily Bread- I Invented It

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 14, 2012
      READ: Job 38:4-18

      Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell Me, if you have understanding. —Job 38:4

      Willard S. Boyle, Nobel Prize winner in physics, was the co-inventor of the
      “electronic eye” behind the digital camera and the Hubble telescope. He
      was in the market for a new digital camera and visited a store in
      Halifax, Nova Scotia. The salesman tried to explain the complexity of
      the camera to Boyle, but stopped because he felt it was too complicated
      for him to understand. Boyle then bluntly said to the salesman: “No need to explain. I invented it.”
      After God allowed Satan to test Job by taking away his family, his health,
      and his possessions (Job 1–2), Job lamented the day of his birth (ch.
      3). In the following chapters, Job questioned why God would allow him to endure so much suffering. Then with divine bluntness, God reminded Job
      that He “invented” life and created the world (chs. 38–41). God invited
      him to rethink what he had said. In drawing attention to His sovereign
      power and the depth of His wisdom displayed everywhere on earth
      (38:4-41), God exposed the immensity of Job’s ignorance.
      If we’re tempted to tell God how life should work, let’s remember He
      invented it! May He help us to humbly acknowledge our ignorance and to
      rely on Him—the Creator of the universe. —Marvin Williams
      Lord, You are so awesome and great. But sometimes in
      ignorance and arrogance I attempt to take Your place.
      I humbly submit my life to You anew and acknowledge
      that all glory and praise belongs to You. Amen.
      To understand God is impossible, but to worship Him is imperative.