Our Daily Bread- The trail of Tears

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 12, 2012
      READ: Revelation 21:1-7

      God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. —Revelation 21:4

      A very severe and tragic event in US history was the forced relocation of thousands of Native Americans in the early 19th century. Native
      American tribes, who had struck treaties with and fought alongside the
      burgeoning white population, were driven out of their ancestral lands.
      In the winter of 1838, thousands of Cherokee were forced to embark on a
      brutal 1,000-mile march westward known as The Trail of Tears. This
      injustice resulted in the deaths of thousands of people, many of whom
      had little or no clothing, shoes, or supplies for such a journey.
      The world continues to be filled with injustice, pain, and heartache. And
      many today may feel as if they are leaving a trail of tears—tears that
      go unnoticed and grief that is not comforted. But our Lord sees our
      tears and comforts our weary hearts (2 Cor. 1:3-5). He also declares the hope of a future time not marked by the stains of sin or injustice. In
      that day and in that place, “God will wipe away every tear from their
      eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall
      be no more pain, for the former things have passed away” (Rev. 21:4).
      The God who offers freedom from tears in the future is the only One who can fully comfort our tears now. —Bill Crowder
      Loving Father, thank You that our hurts
      and pains matter to You. Thank You for the
      promise of an eternity without tears and a
      life forever with You. Amen.
      When God permits trials, He also provides comfort.