Re: Still following the prayers from MOC Publications - Shame on us

  • Paul Joshy
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 17, 2012
      I think there is no problem for using the Hasha week print edition by IOC publication because it is a translated form of the Syriac (however, I dont know Whether IOC had watered in the original text) version as the Qurbanakramam used by both the factions which originally translated by Konattu Malapan under the Klapana from HH Abdulla Patriarch. And if HH Zakha I Patriarch has endorsed the Hasha book published by our Chruch then it must have been validated by the HH because we cannot deviate from the Antiochian liturgy for all services.

      --
      Joshy Paul
      New Delhi
    • dhinuus
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 17, 2012
        Dear Cherian,

        Our Good Friday service is not uttering curse words against the Jewish people. How could we; we are the Jewish people; we are the New Israel.

        As St.John the Baptist says in the Gospel : "I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham."

        We are the children of Abraham raised from the stones.

        All that we sing in the Good Friday hymns are to show us; how futile it is to follow the rituals; if we are rejecting God. That is what the Pharasees and Saduccees did.. they were very good at following the rituals; but they rejected God (ie Jesus Christ).

        Read Gospel of Matthew Chapter 23. None of the hymns in Good Friday service use any kind of language more stronger than the words of Jesus in Chapter 23. The unfortunate truth is that if we replace the words "Rabbi" and "Pharasee" to "Thirumeni" and "Bava" in Matthew 23, they are very true even today.

        There is nothing wrong with the liturgy that is handed down to us by the Fathers. The question is how we are practicing Christianity today ?

        Mathew G M