Our Daily Bread- Which Way

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2012
      READ: Hosea 14

      The ways of the Lord are right; the righteous walk in them. —Hosea 14:9

      Asking directions is not my favorite thing to do. I always feel that if I stay at it long enough I'll eventually find my way. My wife, Martie, on the other hand, is always quick to ask directions and incredulous about my unwillingness to admit that I don't have a clue about where I'm going.

      In the end, she is the wiser one. She gets to her destination quickly
      and without angst while I end up getting lost.

      Thinking that we are smart enough to navigate life on our own goes contrary to the warning of Scripture that tells us, There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death� (Prov. 16:25). When we are at a fork in the road, we need to stop and consult the ways of the Lord, for the ways of the Lord are right (Hos. 14:9).

      Life is a directional enterprise. It's vitally important to know how to successfully direct our lives toward blessed and peaceful relationships, meaningful acts of love and service, a fulfilling experience with God, and a host of other vitally important destinations.

      Asking God for directions isn't just a good idea it's critical. Trust in the Lord with all your heart . . . and He shall direct your paths� (Prov. 3:5-6). Joe Stowell

      Lord, I surrender my stubborn tendency to do life on
      my own terms. Teach me that my want to’s” lead to
      dead-end streets and that Your wisdom will keep me
      on the road to all that is good and fruitful. Amen.
      Ask God for directions because He knows the way.