Our Daily Bread- Because of Love

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 9, 2012
      READ: Luke 2:1-7

      [Mary] brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger. —Luke 2:7

      I received some nice Christmas gifts last year—ski pants, a bracelet, and a Kindle reader. But what I enjoyed the most were the gifts of time
      with people: playing with nine grandnephews and grandnieces from out of
      state; having a niece and her husband and their 18-month-old daughter
      attend our church’s Christmas Eve service with us; visiting with a
      retired co-worker and his wife who are suffering with some health
      issues; celebrating the season with long-time friends; reading the
      Christmas story with loved ones. These were all special gifts because of the love we share.
      God the Father, because of love, sent a gift to this world 2,000 years ago. Jesus was wrapped in swaddling cloths and laid in a manger (Luke 2:7).
      The shepherds knew He was an amazing gift because an angel announced His birth to them in the middle of the night while they were in their
      fields (vv.8-14). They rushed to see Him and then couldn’t help but
      share the news of this Gift with others (vv.16-17). Yet many later
      rejected Him, and He was crucified for our sins and buried. But He rose
      from the tomb and now offers salvation to all who receive Him.
      Thank You, God, for the Gift You gave—because of love. —Anne Cetas
      Because of love God sent His Son
      From heaven’s throne to earth
      To rescue us from sin and death—
      A Gift of priceless worth! —Sper
      God’s gift to the world is the life-giving Savior.