Our Daily Bread-We Need Hope

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2012
      READ: Colossians 1:3-14

      Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is the Lord. —Jeremiah 17:7

      Adam and Eve didn’t need hope because they didn’t lack anything they needed. And they had every reason to think that life would go on as pleasantly
      as it started—with every good thing that God had given them to enjoy.
      But they put it all at risk for the one thing the serpent said that God
      had withheld: the knowledge of good and evil (Gen. 2:17; 3:5). So when
      the serpent came with his offer, Eve was quick to indulge, and Adam
      quick to follow (3:6). They got what they wanted: knowledge. But they
      lost what they had: innocence. With the loss of innocence came the need
      for hope—hope that their guilt and shame could be removed and goodness
      restored.
      Christmas is the season of hope. Children hope for the latest popular toy or
      game. Families hope that everyone can make it home for the holidays. But the hope that Christmas commemorates is much bigger than our holiday
      desires. Jesus, the “Desire of All Nations” (Hag. 2:7), has come! He has “delivered us from the power of darkness,” bought our redemption, and
      forgiven our sins (Col. 1:13-14). He even made it possible for us to be
      wise about what is good and innocent about evil (Rom. 16:19). Christ in
      us gives us the hope of glory.
      Praise God for the hope of Christmas! —Julie Ackerman Link
      What are the prospects for this earth?
      What hope is there for man?
      A world restored through Jesus Christ
      In whom we see God’s plan. —D. DeHaan
      Hope for the Christian is a certainty— because its basis is Christ.