Our Daily Bread- A Life of Honor

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2012
      READ: Psalm 112

      Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who delights greatly in His commandments. —Psalm 112:1

      In 2010, my brothers and I celebrated our dad’s 90th birthday. We hosted
      an open house with great food and fellowship. In the living room, family and friends took up banjo, guitar, mandolin, fiddle, upright bass, and
      Irish drum to play and sing all afternoon. A big cake was prepared with
      this written on it in frosting: “Praise the Lord! Blessed is the man who fears the Lord—Psalm 112:1. Happy 90th birthday, Hal.”
      When I later examined Psalm 112, I was impressed with how it seemed to
      describe my dad—who had walked with God for more than 50 years and is
      now at home with Him. Dad had his own share of heartaches and faults,
      but his steadfast faith resulted in much blessing. This psalm tells us
      that blessings will fall on the man who has a reverential fear of God
      and who delights in His commands. In response to this growing integrity
      and faith, God will extend blessing not only to the believer but also to his children (v.2).
      This psalm challenges us to reflect an inner reverence for God and to make
      continual decisions to delight in following His commands. If we do that, then as we look back on our years—no matter how many or how few—we will know that God has helped us live a life of honor. —Dennis Fisher
      When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
      What a glory He sheds on our way!
      While we do His good will, He abides with us still,
      And with all who will trust and obey. —Sammis
      If you honor God in your heart, He will be honored by your life.