Our Daily Bread- Bookmobile

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2012
      READ: Philippians 3:7-14

      That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death. —Philippians 3:10

      Before the electronic gadgets and distractions of today, the long summer days
      of my boyhood were brightened each week when the bookmobile arrived. It
      was a bus lined with book-filled shelves that were transported from the
      regional library to neighborhoods so that those without transportation
      could access them. Because of the bookmobile, I spent many a happy
      summer day reading books that would otherwise have been inaccessible. To this day, I am thankful for the love of books that the bookmobile
      fostered in me.
      Some Bible scholars say that the apostle Paul had a love of books and
      studied them till the end of his life. He wrote in his final letter,
      “Bring the cloak that I left with Carpus at Troas when you come—and the
      books, especially the parchments” (2 Tim. 4:13). The books he was asking for could very well have been the Old Testament and/or some of his own
      writings.
      I’m sure that Paul’s pursuit of knowledge was more than intellectual
      curiosity or entertainment. It was the pursuit of Christ that drove
      Paul. His goal: “That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection,
      and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death”
      (Phil 3:10). I pray that this same pursuit will drive us today. —Bill
      Crowder
      Heavenly Father, give me a passionate desire
      to know You and Your Son. Please stir my heart
      for this, the greatest of all pursuits, so that
      I might grow ever closer to You. Amen.
      To know Christ is the greatest of all knowledge.