Our Daily Bread- More And More

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2012
      READ: 1 Thessalonians 3:12–4:10

      May the Lord make you increase and abound in love to one another and to all, just as we do to you. —1 Thessalonians 3:12

      A rallying cry often heard today in our economically challenged world is
      “Less and less.” Governments are called to balance their budgets. People are urged to use less energy and decrease consumption of limited
      resources. It is good advice that we should all heed. In the realm of
      faith, however, there are no shortages of love and grace and strength.
      Therefore, as followers of Christ, we are urged to demonstrate His love
      in our lives in ever-increasing measure.
      In the apostle Paul’s first letter to the believers in Thessalonica, he
      urged them to “abound more and more” in a lifestyle that pleases God
      (4:1). He also commended them for their demonstration of love for each
      other, and called them to “increase more and more” in brotherly love
      (v.10).
      That kind of ever-increasing love is possible only because it comes from
      God’s limitless resources, not from our own dwindling supply. Poet Annie Johnson Flint wrote:
      His love has no limit, His grace has no measure,
      His power has no boundary known unto men;
      For out of His infinite riches in Jesus,
      He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.
      The apostle Paul expressed his desire for the believers: “May the Lord make you increase and abound in love to one another and to all, just as we
      do to you” (1 Thess. 3:12).
      How much should we love God and others? More and more! —David McCasland
      Our limited ability to love does not change God’s limitless power to love through us.