Our Daily Bread- Love Finds A way

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2012
      READ: 1 Corinthians 13:4-13

      Love never fails. —1 Corinthians 13:8

      Years ago I saw a cartoon that depicted a sour, disgruntled, elderly
      gentleman standing in rumpled pajamas and robe at his apartment door. He had just secured the door for the night with four locks, two deadbolts, and a chain latch. Later he noticed a small white envelope stuck
      beneath the door. On the envelope was a large sticker in the shape of a
      heart. It was a valentine. Love had found a way.
      Only love can change a person’s heart. The Russian author Dostoevsky, in his book The Brothers Karamazov, tells the story of a hardened cynic, Ivan, and his resistance to the
      love of God. On one occasion his brother Alyosha, a man of deep faith
      who was confounded by his brother’s resistance, leans over and kisses
      Ivan. This simple act of love burned into Ivan’s heart.
      Perhaps you have a friend who is resisting God’s love. Show His love to him or
      her, just as God showed love to us when He brought salvation into the
      world through Jesus. Shower upon others the kind of love described in 1
      Corinthians 13—a love that is patient, kind, humble, and unselfish.
      Authentic love is a gift from God that we can keep on giving. —David Roper
      Teach me to love as Thou dost love,
      And let the whole world know
      That Jesus Christ lives in my heart,
      His glorious light to show. —Brandt
      God pours His love into our hearts to flow out to others.