ABE BOUGHT A SLAVE GIRL

  • MONSY JACOB
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 28, 2012
      ABE BOUGHT A SLAVE GIRL

      In his book “scandalous freedom” author Steve Brown talks about a story about Lincoln.

      “Abraham
      Lincoln went to a slave market.  There he noted a young, beautiful
      African-American woman being auctioned off to the highest offer.  He bid
      on her and won.  He could see the anger in the young woman’s eyes and
      could imagine what she was thinking, ’another white man will buy me, use
      me, and then discard me’.

      As
      Lincoln walked off with his ‘property’, he turned to the woman and said,
      ‘You’re free’.  ‘Yeah.  What does that mean?’ she replied.
      ‘It means that you’re free.’  ‘Does it mean I can say whatever I want
      to say?’  ‘Yes,’ replied Lincoln, smiling, ‘it means you can say whatever
      you want to say.’  ‘Does it mean,’ she asked incredulously, ‘that I can be
      whatever I want to be?’  ‘Yes, you can be whatever you want
      to be.’  ‘Does it mean,’  the young woman said hesitantly, ‘that
      I can go wherever I want to go?’  ‘Yes, it means you are free and you can
      go wherever you want to go.’

      ‘Then,’
      said the woman with tears welling up in her eyes, ‘I think I’ll go
      with you.’

      This is
      exactly what Jesus did to us.  He paid
      the price with His blood. He bought us from satanic slavery and let us
      free.  We are free to follow Him as His
      brother and as the children of God the Father.  It is our individual
      choice too.  “Therefore if the Son set us
      free and we are free indeed”. (John 8:36)   even when we were dead in trespasses, made us
      alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved),  and raised us up
      together, and made us sit
      together in the heavenly places in
      Christ Jesus,(Ephesians 2:5-6)

      Do you think you are a slave of god?  Then your god is not the God of Abraham, Isaac
      and Jacob.  Through Jesus we have son-ship.  We sit together with our Lord in heaven.

      Dn. Monsy Manimalethu Jacob