Our Daily Bread- The Joy of A Generous God

  • Kuriakose Corepiscopa Moolayil
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 22, 2012
      READ: Psalm 36:5-12

      They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house, and You give
      them drink from the river of Your pleasures. —Psalm 36:8

      Recently I walked into a hotel lobby that featured the largest arrangement of
      fresh flowers I have ever seen. It was bursting with color, perfectly
      arranged, and its fragrance was amazing. It stopped me in my tracks, and I lingered for a moment to admire its beauty. It made me think that
      there is something about abundance that captures our hearts. Think of
      the inviting beauty of a bowl overflowing with colorful fruit, or a
      countertop covered with three or four pies ready for enjoyment after a
      bountiful Thanksgiving meal.
      The joy of abundance reminds me of the generosity of God. He makes our cup
      overflow (Ps. 23:5); He “is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all
      that we ask or think” (Eph. 3:20); His grace is sufficient for any
      difficulty that life brings our way (2 Cor. 12:9); and it is He who
      kills the fatted calf and calls for the best robe when the prodigal
      returns (see Luke 15:20-24). No wonder the psalmist rejoices: “How
      precious is Your lovingkindness, O God! Therefore the children of men
      put their trust under the shadow of Your wings. They are abundantly
      satisfied with the fullness of Your house” (Ps. 36:7-8). Our God is
      abundantly good. Let’s overflow with praise for His many blessings. —Joe Stowell
      Lord, thank You for the reminder that far from
      being stingy You bless us with good things in
      abundance. Thank You for Your presence and
      the comfort of the promises in Your Word.Keep praising God from whom all blessings flow